12 May 2009

oral procedures and the like...

so last friday i got my wisdom teeth pulled. thanks be to God i only had the top 2, so that was easy peesy. HOWEVER........i also got what's called a Lingual Frenectomy. basically it looks like this (this isn't my mouth, it's some random person's):



so long story short, the piece of skin that connects the tongue to the bottom of your mouth/jaw was really short/tight on me. it didn't cause me any problems but in most cases it causes "tongue tie" where you have speech issues and stuff. also as you get older it can begin to tighten even more and then begin to rip the skin off the back of your teeth/gums. yea that's right. RIP/TEAR! it also prevents you from sticking your tongue out very far, hence the horrible teasing from family/friends for my pathetic attempts at sticking my tongue out at people. so when i went to get set up for the 2 wisdom teeth extraction the doc was like..."hey i could just snip that for you while we're in there...you'll be a little sore for about a week but it's all good. so i went....."sure, sounds good. just promise me i won't have a lisp once we're done or i'll have to kill you." he laughed.

well i can now say that it's the worst pain EVER. SERIOUSLY. i mean c'mon people i had a baby and i tore 3 degrees and had a few other horrific things happen the weeks post-birth. so for me to say this is the worst pain EVER.....that's something.

basically it feels like i got a MAJOR MAJOR DEEP paper cut underneath my tongue, burned my whole tongue on hot coffee OVER AND OVER again and with that i can't move it, talk, or eat really cause it's swollen to the nth degree. and let me tell you....until you have something like this you have no clue the natural reflexes your tongue has or the random things you do that necessitate the use of your tongue. i mean i coughed in the middle of the night and literally came off the bed screaming. i thought i had ripped the stitches out. needless to say i scared mike to death. i think he thought i was dying.

so it's been 5 days since the procedure and i had a follow up appointment and he said "yea you should be uncomfortable for about another 5 days". WTF!? 5 more days! SON OF A .....

ok its gonna be ok....that's saturday and tomorrow is wednesday so i'm almost there. i can do it!!!

real food and real talking here i come!!

ps. no i do not recommend this procedure unless completely necessary cause it sucks.

12 comments:

MEGAN said...

Steph, that is something you just did not have to share that is so horrifying. I have a couple receding gums and that is painful enough, having something CUT OFF in my mouth????? Why would you say yes to that?

And, now I'm going to have nightmares, while at work, about my mouth!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a homeowner yet?

Anonymous said...

This article is a great help to me! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! My husband who is a dentist has been saying he could snip it for me... I honestly didn't know I was physically handicapped. :D Anyway, I will not be having this procedure done. You rock! I'm sure you are all better now.

Anonymous said...

I am continuously searching online for articles that can benefit me. Thanks!(Charlxtz)

Anonymous said...

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to know a lot about this,
like you wrote the e-book in it or something.
I feel that you just could do with some p.

c. to power the message house a little bit, but other than that,
that is fantastic blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

Also visit my webpage :: internet business make money online

Anonymous said...

The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to see
if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


Also visit my page :: cancer life insurance

Anonymous said...

Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on
your blog. Im really impressed by your site.
Hi there, You've performed a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. I'm
confident they'll be benefited from this site.

Also visit my blog post mon-desk.com

Anonymous said...

An impressive share! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me dinner due to the fact that I found it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this subject here on your web page.

Also visit my blog - coffee school

Anonymous said...

It's very simple to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this website.

Review my web blog ... Modcloth coupon

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most vital info for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on
few general things, The site style is great, the articles is really
nice : D. Good job, cheers

My page; www.startdatingtoday.net

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than
just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.
Nevertheless think about if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this site could certainly be one of the very best
in its niche. Terrific blog!

Feel free to surf to my web page ... clothing Stores In nashville Tennessee

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

My web-site - http://1980designs.com/trendy-plus-size-clothing/