23 October 2008

motherhood

i am in wonder.

i am watching my 3mo old son (3months today!) laying in his swing, sleeping so soundly. he is the most precious thing i have ever encountered. i now know what my family meant when they said you will never love anything more. you can't even imagine how much love you will have for your children.

my love for jeremiah overflows to the point that i can barely take it. i miss him even when he takes just a 3 hour nap. joy erupts in me when he smiles and looks at me with those blue eyes, when he follows me across the room with his eyes, when he holds my finger, when he falls asleep on me.

i never could have imagined loving something so much. he is such a blessing to my life and i can't imagine my life without him or even life before him. i feel like i've always known him.

i like to enjoy each day as its own. i try to avoid the...."i can't wait till he..." stuff because i will blink one day and he will be all grown up and i'll wish for the days that i could hold him and cradle him in my arms. so i take pleasure in all the little things. like when he found his fingers.....when he started to coo and make noises with his tongue. when he started kicking his legs like he was running in place! so many milestones. each one is a miracle to me.

jeremiah is a miracle to me in more ways than i can count.

i still look in the mirror sometimes in utter disbelief that i'm a mom. there were times that i wondered if i ever would be. and now here i am with a little baby boy. i couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

MEGAN said...

He is so darn cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh, I love those cheeks.

I'm so glad you are aware of how fast he'll grow up, and you're just enjoying EVERY DAY, not wishing he was older, or easier, or anything like that.